Friday, 10 January 2014

Use it Up and Finish It Up - 2014 Finish Along First Quarter Goals

Pin It

You could say I have started the year off badly. I've got a couple of new projects underway and finished off none.
So I'm joining a couple of Linkies this year to try to redress that.

First up, FairyFace Designs is having a monthly link party to share anything you've finished using scraps.

FairyFace Designs

This will be a great motivator for me. I can easily think of a dozen little projects I've been meaning to try, and using scraps will just be the icing on the cake.

Secondly, I'm joining the 2014 Finish Along. This year it is hosted by The Littlest Thistle

Finish Along 2014

I've chosen a few things I hope to finish up in the first quarter of this year.
1. Baste, quilt and bind my Swoon quilt. The top was finished last year!


2. Finish my Economy Block quilt - this is what I'm working on at the moment (and loving it!)



3. Make something with my curved pieced blocks.


4. Finish this, oh so nearly finished cardigan. It was started in March 2013 and has been a hair's breadth from finished since before Christmas. All it needs is the buttonhole band knitting and a couple of seams sewing up!



5. Finish this crocheted scrappy blanket.


6. Make this top for myself. Although the organic cotton jersey was bought for this pattern, I'm not loving my choice. It needs some contrast.


Looks like it's going to be a crafty weekend :-)




5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fun weekend with all that, what a lovely variety of projects. So love the economy blocks and the circles, are your blocks the same size? Just wondering how they'd look in the same quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your Swoon is gorgeous. How are you going to quilt it? Looking forward to seeing your progress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are gorgeous, Julie! so I hope you press on to finish them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for not having too long a list. I really can't believe the size of some of the lists of WIPs I've read about.
    I have a few finishes to do.
    I'm enjoying seeing your set of economy blocks grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a do-able list, good luck :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...