Tuesday, 21 January 2014

First Finish of 2014

Pin It

My first finish of the year and it's a knitted one! Now just before you start to be impressed….. after all we are only 3 weeks into the new year, don't be. I started this in March 2013 !!

From that distance you can't really admire the lovely buttons on it, so here is a close up of one.


 They are ceramic, and hand made by a local lady. Everyone is different. So much nicer than shop bought ones, don't you think?
The pattern is from this book.


They are designed by Martin Storey. Just basic patterns but ones I will use a lot. The garments all have some shaping at the waist, and it makes so much difference  to the fit.
In fact I like his designs so much, I've bought a second book!



Much the same designs, but for lighter weight yarn. I don't think I'll be using Cotton Glace as I don't really like a mercerised cotton. I'm hoping that I can away with Debbie Bliss Eco Cotton which is organic.
I'm also hoping it won't take me 9 months to finish the second one!



10 comments:

  1. So pretty and such a great colour! I would wear it lots too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would take me 90 years to knit something as lovely as that but about 9 seconds to fall in love with the buttons slovenly,lovely Cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should read lovely,lovely cardi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good job. I agree buttons can be a real finishing touch and a talking point for anyone who sees them. Shaping at the waist sounds good. So many knits are spoiled by being baggy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you've made something you're getting use out of already.
    I saw you one a give away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cardigan, Julie. That is a great start to the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to have some shaping, it makes such a difference. I love the buttons. I've only knit one Rowan pattern so far and it did turn out great but I was in John Lewis recently looking at patterns and wool, I overheard two ladies talking, saying that they've had problems with errors in Rowan patterns which put me off buying any more. Have you any bad experience with their patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I've never had a problem with Rowan patterns. I have with their yarn though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...